How He & I became Us...

How He & I became Us...

Thursday 16 June 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away

These last few days all I keep thinking is rain, rain, go away, come again another day. Or more like maybe one day next month!! I mean I don't mind rain when it's accompanied with a thunderstorm and it just pours! But clouds all day long and just dribbles?? So depressing! Porter and I are basically stuck inside all day! We get uber bored. As soon as the sun comes out we race outside and try to play out there as long as possible before the clouds cover the sky again.

On another happier note, it's my birthday tomorrow!! Hurray! Although I'm not as excited as i have been the past years. Shawn is going to be gone all day and I have tons to do tomorrow and I'm sure it will be cloudy, AGAIN! Sigh. It is a little sad to think that I will be spending my 21 birthday cleaning and cooking and inside just like every other day.... BUT I do get to host a bachelorette party tomorrow night. A cowgirl themed one at that! Should be so much fun. Porter and I will just have our own little party in the morning!

Speaking of Porter, he is growing so fast! He now has 6 teeth, four on top and 2 on the bottom. Makes him look like a little boy and not my little baby anymore! Another sigh. He crawls so fast now and is almost walking. He pushes his little walk-behind car and waddles to get where he needs to be. I really can say he is my sunshine when these skies are grey. When he was very tiny I would always sing, " you are my sunshine, my precious sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know dear, how much I love you, oohh please don't take my sunshine away". It was his favorite song. Almost makes me tear up. I didn't know any other words do I would sing that part over and over again. I still sing that song but mostly he just thinks I'm funny and laughs at me! Ha ha everything mommy does is funny, even when mommy says " Porter no, that's bad" those are extra funny words apparently!

Funny story, this morning Shawn wanted to see what Porter would do if he saw us wrestle. At first he didn't care, just looked at us then went bak to banging on the window. Then Shawn got me to the ground and I was pinned. I called to Porter " help! Help! Daddy's got me!" I got his attention then. He sat down crawled over to me and then sat right by my head and started laughing and smacking me on the face. Ya not the reaction I was hoping for!! He is already taking dads side, GREAT!!!

Anyway, I feel better now! Whoo, liking this whole blog thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment