How He & I became Us...

How He & I became Us...

Monday 27 June 2011

Making This House a HOME

Shawn has been living in this house that we currently reside in for almost 5 years now. I have only been there since we got married almost a year and a half ago. It is a very nice House and I love it, the location is wonderful, it's nice a spacious just the way I like it, but it hasn't always felt like HOME. Which is a pretty normal feeling for me. Ever since I was 13 I don't think I have lived in the same house for more than a year, and not because my parents moved a lot, but because I was indecisive on where and whom I wanted to live. So being in the same house for more than a year is really an accomplishment for me!

So naturally, I figure it is about time to make this house my HOME. I just picked up a TON of paint samples from home depot and I've been looking to see what colors I want to paint the rooms in our house. I am thinking maybe a green/yellow combination in the bathroom and maybe a rich brown in our room and a blue in Porters room. The living room/kitchen is going to be the most difficult to decide on. I keep going back and forth between so many different color schemes!

I also want to get vinyl and stick sayings up on the walls, so I also need to find some good sayings. So much to decide on! It takes me a long time to make big decisions like this, but once I do, I know it is what I want.

That's about all I have figured out so far. But When more actually happen you'll be sure to know!

Now, for what we have been up too......

Not a whole bunch. ha ha. Porter is now 10 months!! Time has gone by so fast! We went to the Dr. a few weeks ago and he is slender 18lbs and 4oz, and 29in long.

Last week finally started to get warm with out much rain, the only other problem was the killer mosquitoes!! If we went out into the backyard we were swarmed! So much so that at one point last week I have 8 bites on one leg, 3 on the other, 2 on one hand, another on that same arm, and 2 on the other arm, with one on my back. For a grand total of 18 BITES!!! Boy was I itchy!! Porter was lucky and never got any bites. I am desperately hoping that the wind from last week blew most of them away!! (wishful thinking right).

On Saturday we all got to go out to the farm and visit with Grandma and Grandpa. It was a long day for little Porter but lots of fun. He went for a ride on the bike and just loved it!! He also loves our dog Winnie and if he could walk he would chase her around everywhere!! He would crawl after her but hates the feeling of grass.

Some days all I can say is thank goodness for friends! This last week hasn't been my best emotionally and my friends have been there all along the way. Taking me out for some scandalous shopping and dinner, talking to me till way past their bed time, and without knowing it, inviting our family over for dinner when I really didn't want to make anything. To all my friends who do things for me, THANK YOU!! And I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment